Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Why I'm blogging

In 1960, my father and a friend set off on a trip by car from Bogota, Colombia to Detroit, Mi. I have interviewed my father extensively, gathered photos, letters and maps that were saved from the period, and tried to get a feel for the time and place as it was. 
I'm stalling, however, because I am still undecided on the form of narrative that the novel will take. It is my intention to use this blog as a way of setting down my doubts and ideas, in no particular order and for no other purpose than to serve me as a sort of therapy. If anybody should happen upon this page, please understand that I am making no attempt to retain readership. I'm only trying to put down whatever thoughts are bouncing around in my head with regards to my prospective novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment